In this video, I’m going to show you how to set up ABM advertising drip campaigns using ListenLoop integrated with your Salesforce CRM.
We’re going to start here by clicking on New Campaign and we’re going to pick a list of accounts from Salesforce.
I’ve already connected with Salesforce here, so we’re going to skip that step. We could see here that I have a variety of different Salesforce lists.
What I’m going to do today is set up 3 campaigns:
- one to target the top of the funnel
- one to target the middle of my funnel
- another one to target the bottom of my funnel
You’ll see that I’ve identified those lists as NNA (Net New Accounts), MQA (Marketing Qualified Accounts), and SQA (Sales Qualified Accounts).
The beautiful part of the Salesforce and ListenLoop integration is that the Salesforce lists are dynamic. So as accounts move in and out of a list in Salesforce based on account scores or criteria you have there, ListenLoop will automatically target and un-target those companies with ads tailored to their buyer stage.
A. Targeting Top of Funnel (TOFU) Net New Accounts
TOFU or Net New Accounts are companies that are not engaged with our sales and marketing yet. Follow these steps to setup your TOFU campaign:
1. Click on New Campaign, pick list from Salesforce (pictures shown above). Click Next.
2. Identify job functions you want to target. Click Next.
In this example, we will go after Marketing and we’ll limit our drip campaign to VP-level and up.
3. Upload ad units. A check mark on the left side indicates that the ads uploaded successfully. Click Next.
4. Add your landing page. In this example, I will use listenloop.com as the landing page for the top of funnel content. Click Save Link, then Next.
5. Preview the ads and click Next.
6. Review and Launch the campaign. In this example, the campaign is targeting 93 accounts, 1 department, and 2 job titles. It’s time to choose your monthly ad budget. We’ll start with $25 per account intensity. Then click Launch.
7. Name your campaign. I’m going to call this campaign “TOFU: NNA from SFDC” and click Save.
This will place the campaign in review with the ad exchanges, and within 24-48 hours, your ads will be delivered to your target accounts and job titles.
B. Targeting Middle of Funnel (MOFU) Marketing Qualified Accounts
Let’s setup up another campaign that’s daisy-chained so that my middle-funnel content is targeting accounts that have “marketing qualified” indicators (e.g., Engagio’s engagement minutes). I will navigate to Salesforce to show you how to create lists for drip campaigns:
1. Log in to Salesforce.
2. Go to Accounts tab in Salesforce. Click on gear icon, then click New.
3. Create New List View. We’ll call this “MOFU Drip Campaign – MQA”. Click Save.
4. Create filters to add accounts to the list. Click on Add Filter.
Filters used in this example:
– Account Stage Field equals to 3 options with check mark below, or
– Opportunity Stage Roll-Up score is less or equal to 30 points (our sales team’s version of Engagement Minutes).
* Filters will depend on your company’s parameters to grade and qualify MQAs.
5. Click Save. Now you can see the matching accounts in the list.
6. Go back to ListenLoop. Click on New Campaign, and pick list from Salesforce.
7. Click on Re-Sync Lists so that the newly created list appears.
8. Click on the Salesforce List created, “MOFU Drip Campaign”. Click Next.
9. Target the marketing department, VP-level and up (same as step A.2 above regarding the TOFU campaign).
10. Upload middle of funnel (MOFU) ads.
Examples: Case studies, whitepapers, and other content that teaches prospects about your solution.
11. Put a landing page that matches your content offers in the ad units. Click on Save Link, then Next.
12. Review and Launch campaign. This MOFU Campaign has 98 accounts, 1 department, 2 job titles. For this campaign, I’ll choose $10 per account intensity. Click Launch.
13. Name the campaign, “MOFU Drip Campaign – MQA” and click Save.
We’ve successfully daisy chained two campaigns. One, beginning with top funnel brand awareness ads based on a list of unengaged accounts in Salesforce. Then, two, a middle of funnel drip campaign to marketing qualified accounts based on list criteria in Salesforce.
Let’s finish this video with a third campaign that reaches the bottom of the funnel.
C. Targeting Bottom of Funnel (BOFU) Sales Qualified Accounts
1. Go back to Salesforce. Create New List, “BOFU Drip Campaign – SQA”.
2. Add filters. Click on Save.
Filters used in this example:
– Account Stage values that are Proposal Out.
– Opportunity Stage Roll-Up score greater than 30.
– OR function between the filters.
Ensure the accounts are populated (see below).
Tip: Often times you don’t want to include accounts that are already Closed Won. So add another filter and make that Account Stage not equal to Closed Won. You may also want to add filters to remove accounts that have been Disqualified, Closed Lost, or Churned.
Make that “does not equal” filter AND 3 in the Logic section (see image below). This will save budget and ensure that we’re not going after accounts that have already closed business with us or definitely told us to get lost.
3. Go back to ListenLoop. Create New Campaign and pick list from Salesforce.
4. Re-Sync Lists. Click on newly created list “BOFU Drip Campaign – SQA” and click Next.
5. Repeat the same process to finish creating a campaign: target job titles, upload ad units, and add a landing page.
6. Review your campaign settings, choose a budget, then click on Launch.
Presently, this campaign has 7 accounts, and intend to spend $500 a month. But as my calendar quarter goes on, the number of accounts will increase and the budget will stay the same. So you should estimate how many sales qualified accounts you have in your funnel in a given month, so you can get a good approximation of what your dollar per account intensity will be.
7. Name your campaign (BOFU Drip Campaign – SQA). Click Save.
The campaign is ready to rock and roll. We’ll review it, turn it on in about 24-48 hours, and that’s it.
We’ve set up a very sophisticated drip campaign that delivers ads to your target accounts as they move from the top of your funnel, down towards your middle funnel and then even your bottom funnel. We did that in just a few minutes here with very little effort. Thanks to ListenLoop and the Salesforce integration.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] and we’d love to hear from you. Thanks!
Have you read the ABM Playbook? Download and read the definitive guide to nailing your account-based marketing strategy. No fluff, just good stuff.